We better the lives of our students by providing the most direct path to a great career in healthcare.
Chemistry Instructor On Ground Adjunct: Full Job Description
Under general supervision, the Chemistry Instructor plans and implements curriculum and educational programs for students within the program. Communicates class content to students so that learning occurs, skills are developed, and students are motivated to learn and achieve their educational objectives. Must have minimum of 15 masters level credits in Chemistry.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops the syllabus for each course assigned based on accreditation and department criteria. The syllabus is to include learning objectives expressed in behavioral terms.
- Distributes the syllabus to the Director of Education, the Program Director and to each student at the first scheduled class session.
- Teaches the depth and scope of class materials as outlined in the syllabus and catalog and relates the instruction to careers and employer expectations.
- Prepare and grades examinations based upon course objectives and published exam schedule and returns all assignments in a timely manner.
- Implements evaluation for outcomes assessment, and achieves established results while maintaining college standards of student satisfaction.
- Works creatively in all classes taught to discourage student withdrawal and maintain satisfactory retention.
- Begin and end each class at the designated times, providing a full period of instruction.
- Leaves the classroom or laboratory clean, organized, and ready for the next user.
- Submits, at the designated time, final grades for all students on the class roster.
- Accurately maintains attendance records in accordance with the Attendance Policy, submits class roster daily.
- Calls all students who are absent and submits written reports of pertinent information to the Program Director.
- Attends faculty meetings, in-service meetings, graduation and other college events as required by the College.
- Dresses professionally in accordance with faculty dress code.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Ability to evaluate, design, and implement curriculum, testing, and/or teaching methodologies.
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of teaching methods, curriculum, and education programs.
- Teaching and facilitation skills.
- Ability to teach and control the behavior of students.
- Knowledge of academic and/or vocational education curricula.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply relevant current education methodologies and techniques.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Master’s degree is preferred in subject matter (i.e. English, Biology, Mathematics, etc.). Candidates with a bachelor’s degree and significant instructional experience (5 years or more) may be considered;
- Must hold a minimum of 15 semester credit hours in subject matter (baccalaureate or higher) or equivalent in the content area
- Some courses and/or programs may require additional credentialing and degrees.
Master’s Degree (Preferred)
Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
About MedQuest College
MedQuest College provides accelerated education and hands-on training to students pursuing a career in healthcare. With campuses located in both Lexington and Louisville, our mission is to better lives by providing the most direct path to a great career in healthcare. Are you ready to start your new career as a Chemistry Instructor? Learn more about MedQuest’s Family Values and apply today!
To apply for this job please visit medquestcollege.edu.