Scholarships & Grants for Our Kentucky Students
Tuition Assistance at MedQuest College
Scholarships are financial awards for students based on need, academic excellence or unique criteria. Large organizations often raise money to support students pursuing academic programs in practically every field of study. This money might help alleviate financial stress for students working or raising a family by helping to pay the coast of tuition, books or other fees. Below is a non-exhaustive list of academic scholarships and grants for your consideration.
Be sure to visit this page often in order to learn about possible financial assistance opportunities available to you as a student at MedQuest College in Louisville or Lexington, Kentucky. Be sure to research these items carefully as there may be highly specific application requirements. If you have any questions regarding this information, please call your campus Financial Aid Coordinator.
- Sponsor Organization: Tylenol
- Award: $10,000 (split between 40 recipients)
- Application Deadline: May 2019
Tylenol awards 40 students each year who have demonstrated a commitment to academic excellence, community service or the pursuit of a career that involves patient care.
- Sponsoring Organization: Hispanic Dental Association
- Amount: Up to $10,000
- Application Deadline: July 1, 2018
HDA offers a range of scholarships to Hispanic dental studies students in various stages of their educations.
- Sponsoring Organization: Unigo
- Award: $5,000
- Application Deadline: November 30, 2018
Interested students must write a short answer to the question, “What would you say to someone who thinks education doesn’t matter, or that college is a waste of time and money?” and submit through the linked portal.
- Sponsoring Organization: American Medical Technologists
- Award: $250 / $500
- Application Deadline: April 1, 2019
There are two awards offered to students studying to become a Medical Assistant. One award is based on financial need and applicants must provide detailed proof in order to meet eligibility requirements. The other award is for student excellence and must be coordinated with an instructor or program director. Additional awards are offered as part of an annual writing contest sponsored by the AMT.
- Sponsor Organization: American Dental Assistants Association
- Award: Varies – students must register to access application
- Application Deadline: Early 2019
This organization recognizes the efforts of students pursing an education as a Dental Assistant. There are multiple scholarships and grants available, each with different eligibility requirements.
- Award: $1,000
- Application Dealine: June 1, 2019
Students must have completed two semesters of an accredited Sonography program in good academic standing in order to be considered for this scholarship. One award is given to a student in the US and one is given to an international student.
- Sponsor Organization: Women’s Independence Scholarship Program Inc.
- Award: Avg. $2,000 per person – based on need / considered by board
- Application Deadline: 2 months prior to program start date
Women who are survivors of domestic abuse and/or single mothers in financial need are eligible to apply for this award.
- Award: $1,000
- Application deadline: Oct 17, 2018
This scholarship is open to all 10th-12th graders and is based on merit. There is a personal statement portion of the application, in which students must demonstrate not only their writing ability, but also their commitment to academic goals.
- Sponsoring Organization: Geneseo Migrant Center
- Next application due date: Nov 1, 2018
Eleven different scholarships specific to migrant students are administered by this group, making it easier for students of varied backgrounds and interests to find a suitable application.
Additional Financial Assistance Options
- UNIGO and Fastweb are online scholarship networks that allow you to create a profile before being matched with scholarships and grants for which you are eligible. This service is free to use and saves you the time of searching for individual awards.
- Scholly allows users to quickly connect with matching scholarships from their smartphone via an easy-to-use app. If portability and accessibility are important to you, we encourage you to seek out software like this to aid you in your search.
- Southwest Airlines partners with many different organizations to make scholarships available to minority groups. These partners include the Latin American Education Foundation, the Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities, and the Hispanic National Bar Association. The website provides more details on partnerships and scholarships.
Unique Award Activities