We better the lives of our students by providing the most direct path to a great career in healthcare.
Under general supervision, the faculty member will be responsible for the instruction of students in the discipline of Dental Hygiene. The faculty member will work to support program policies and procedures that keep with the vision and mission of MedQuest College. This role reports directly to the Dental Hygiene Program Director.
Summary of essential job functions and responsibilities:
- Plan, organize, and deliver Dental Hygiene instruction in didactic, laboratory, clinical and/or classroom settings to promote student success within a college setting.
- Select course materials and place syllabus, materials and assignments in Populi.
- Use evidence-based resources to improve and support teaching.
- Support and promote the college and departmental missions centered on excellence in teaching and learning through quality instruction, curriculum enhancement and service.
- Collaborate with department director and peers to evaluate, revise, and develop curriculum to cultivate the mastery of course content.
- Provide students with frequent, timely assessment of and clear feedback regarding academic performance
- Appropriately document student progress and maintain accurate records such as attendance, grading and achievement of student learning outcomes.
- Identify individual learning styles and unique needs of students who are culturally diverse traditional vs non-traditional, or at-risk.
- Honor student confidentiality and privacy as per appropriate laws, regulations and college rules.
- Proctor exams, participate in departmental meetings, as well as college task forces and/or committees as needed.
- Maintain appropriate office hours proportionate to the instructional assignment.
- Oversee dental hygiene services provided by student dental hygienists.
- Supervise, train, and mentor clinical instructors.
- Maintain records of clinical faculty including: licensure, CPR, medical emergency training, etc.
- Actively participate in and/or chair clinical calibration meetings.
- Manage clinical evaluation/tracking system.
- Track and monitor student progress in clinic; conduct clinical advisement sessions as indicated.
- Ensure completion of and maintain record of incident reports associated with clinic.
- Perform maintenance of all clinic and laboratory equipment.
- Monitor supply inventory and prepare supply orders within program budget parameters.
- Monitor infection control procedures and protocols, maintain sterilization processes.
- Perform yearly evaluation for equipment needs/upgrades and submit requests with annual budget.
- Provide service excellence through courteous, informed, accessible and professional engagement.
- Participate in the screening and admissions-related processes for prospective students, as needed.
- Assist colleagues in completion and maintenance of program accreditation.
- Create a learning environment that facilitates self-reflection, personal goal setting, and socialization to the role of the dental hygienist.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Required: Minimum of an associate degree in dental hygiene from a CODA accredited program. with current Kentucky Dental Hygiene/Dental License. Must have a bachelor’s degree in dental hygiene or related field. Must have current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification and at least three (3) years of clinical Dental Hygiene experience. Kentucky certification in the administration of local anesthesia or current local anesthesia training is also required. A criminal background check will be conducted.
- Preferred: Four to five (4-5) years of clinical, Dental Hygiene experience and two (2) years of teaching experience within a college or university.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must have the ability to deliver a high level of interactive customer service, develop and maintain collaborative relationships throughout the organization, communicate effectively and possess proficient computer skills. The successful applicant must be willing to work a flexible schedule, as well as demonstrate the ability to work well with students, faculty and staff at all levels within a diverse, multi-cultural, collaborative environment.
- Interview Component: Qualified applicants will be contacted to schedule an interview. The interview will consist of questions asked by the interview committee, a 15 minute mini-teach assignment, and a clinical demonstration.
Work Location: Louisville, Ky
MedQuest College provides accelerated education and hands-on training to students pursuing a career in healthcare. With campuses located in both Lexington and Louisville, our mission is to better lives by providing the most direct path to a great career in healthcare. Are you ready to start your new career as a Dental Assisting Instructor? Learn more about MedQuest’s Family Values and apply today!
To apply for this job please visit medquestcollege.edu.