We better the lives of our students by providing the most direct path to a great career in healthcare.
The Nursing Administrator is the principal academic officer for the Practical Nursing program at the Louisville campus and provides leadership support to the Associate Nursing Administrator in education and administrative matters at all campuses.
Key Job Elements:
- Provides administrative leadership to ensure the nursing program functions within the college mission and policies, and the community.
- Selects, trains, develops, manages, and leads nursing faculty members to ensure quality instruction and outcomes in a learner-centered environment.
- Develops and monitors assessments that measure both student and faculty satisfaction, as well as student learning outcomes using the systematic evaluation plan. Monitors the results of these assessments to determine both positive and negative trends. Is responsible for effectively implementing strategies that continually improve and/or maintain NCLEX pass rates above the minimum standards. Communicates this information along with recommendations to the Campus Director/Director of Education.
- Evaluates course efficacy and assess student mastery of academic skills and competencies as determined by course and program outcomes.
- Meets or exceeds student persistence plans as they pertain to nursing students. This includes presentation, guidance, and follow-up with initiatives to ensure overall consistent and sustained improvement of persistence.
- The Nursing Administrator will ensure coordinate program activities relating to regulatory affairs and accreditation requirements as well as facilitate efforts in the preparation of program submissions to state regulatory and/or accrediting commissions, site visits, and the implementation of new or revised curricula. The Nursing Administrator will monitor, develop, and implement process improvement activities.
- Monitors compliance with accreditation criteria and regulatory requirements, and with the appropriate campus administrators develops policies, procedures, and processes in respect to effective management of the education function. Prepares for state and accreditation visits including preparation and pre-audits.
- Works with the Campus Director, Director of Education, faculty, and the Advisory Board to assure policies, procedures, and best practices are carried out in an efficient manner.
- Serves as liaison for the College, nursing students, and clinical sites to ensure clinical activities are in alignment with course and program outcomes. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, attaining, maintaining, and retaining clinical locations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of and ability to follow college policies and procedures
- Knowledge of curriculum and program development
- Knowledge of program accreditation requirements and processes
- Knowledge of management practices and principles
- Knowledge of instructional programming
- Knowledge of student development programs and services
- Knowledge of strategic planning and implementation
- Knowledge of budget preparation, monitoring and administration
- Knowledge of supervisory principles, practices and techniques
- Knowledge of technological applications in areas of supervision
- Skill in supervisory practices and techniques
- Skill in initiative and follow through
- Skill analyzing data and making appropriate recommendations
- Skill developing and implementing policies and procedures
- Skill serving as a community liaison
- Skill utilizing personal computer software programs affecting assigned work
- Skill in presenting ideas and concepts orally and in writing
- Ability to manage multiple projects and inspire others to achieve objectives
- Ability to work within an open and team environment using collaborative approaches
- Ability to focus faculty and staff toward student learning
- Ability to motivate and inspire faculty and staff across campuses
- Ability to work with general education, developmental, and academic transfer programs within a diverse, multi-cultural setting serving a multi-campus environment
- Ability to commit to establishing, maintaining and assessing collaborative educational and service programs
- Ability to effectively identify and resolve problems and to maintain strict confidentiality related to sensitive information
- Ability to analyze problems, identify solutions, and take appropriate action to resolve problems using independent judgment and decision-making processes
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other department staff, faculty, students and the community
Decision-Making and Analytical Sills:
- Requires high-level of decision-making
- Requires high-level data management and analysis
- Adhere to college and department policies, procedures, and practices
- Perform job duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- Use office machines such as telephones, copiers, fax machines, or 10-key calculators
- Proficient in computer programs utilized which include electronic mail, Populi (college database system), Windows XP, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- The position may also require close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
Associate Nursing Administrator, Nursing Faculty, Clinical Coordinator, Nursing Administrative Assistant
Education, Experience, and Licenses/Certifications:
- A minimum of five (5) years of nursing experience within the past ten (10) years with demonstrated leadership experience
- Current unencumbered license, privilege, or temporary work permit to practice as a registered nurse in the Commonwealth of Kentucky
- A minimum of two (2) years full-time teaching experience at or above the academic level of the program of nursing
- A current knowledge of nursing practice at the practical or vocational level
- Full-time, Monday-Friday
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
To apply for this job please visit medquestcollege.edu.