We better the lives of our students by providing the most direct path to a great career in healthcare.
MedQuest College has an immediate opening for a Diagnostic Medical Vascular Sonography instructor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in student retention efforts. Instructors are expected to remind students of missed assignments and encourage and maintain participation of all students on your roster, and promptly identify and assist “at risk” students, referring these students for appropriate assistance.
- Prepare and provide all lecture, laboratory and clinical instruction according to the required curriculum.
- Follow current course outlines, objectives, and evaluation mechanisms
- Maintain a lesson plan of daily instructional events.
- Monitor student attendance and retention and document as required by the administration.
- Process course end grades according to policy.
- Grade assignments, return graded assignments to students, and assign final grades for all students in a timely manner.
- Provide educational assistance to students during regularly scheduled times (i.e., office hours) or by appointment
- Advise students as it relates to school policies, satisfactory performance, etc. Maintain communication with Program Manager regarding such activity.
- Maintain professional appearance.
- Communicate with Program Manager on all issues related to students.
- Maintain professional expertise (faculty development) to meet accreditation standards by attending educational seminars in professional field, reading current literature, attending online courses, etc.
- Attend all scheduled mandatory meetings.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Associate of Applied Science (AAS) in Vascular Sonography or Diagnostic Medical Sonography, Certification as an Echocardiographer a plus.
- Must be an experienced Diagnostic Medical Sonographer with current license(s), certification(s), registration(s), and credential(s) as required by local, state and/or federal laws
- ARDMS (AB), (OB/GYN), (RVT), and/or (RDCS) (CCI)(S)(AART) and/or R.T.(VS)(AART)
- Must possess a minimum of three (3) years of occupational experience in the Diagnostic Medical Sonography field
- Previous teaching experience is encouraged but not required
- Associate (Preferred)
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (Preferred)
Job Type: Full-Time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Education: Associate (Preferred)
Experience: Clinical: 3 years (Preferred)
License/Certification: Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (Preferred)
Work Location: Lexington, KY
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
Work Remotely: No
- Remote interview process
- Temperature screenings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
To apply for this job please visit medquestcollege.edu.