We better the lives of our students by providing the most direct path to a great career in healthcare.
Vascular Sonography Instructor Clinical Coordinator: Full Job Description
The Clinical Coordinator assigns, tracks and reports all activity related to the externship portion of the institution’s programs and facilitates the student’s transition from didactics to externship.
As a program faculty member and representative of the Academic Affairs Department, they are responsible to assure attainment of student training objectives for the externship in qualification for graduation.
- Achieve assigned extern to hire metric.
- Develop new externship sites.
- Assist in the development of student job leads.
- Working with the Program Director, in consultation with the Director of Education, assign students to their externship sites.
- Conduct site visitations for assigned externs, completing site visitation reports and documentation on a timely basis.
- Supervise externship training in compliance with Academic Affairs Department policies and guidelines.
- Coordinate the exchange of externship information, such as timesheets, with the Program Director/Registrar.
- Attend and direct assigned externship orientation.
- Assure prompt and accurate receipt of requisite reports from students and sites.
- Review all externship evaluations and direct information, as appropriate, to the Program Director.
- Advise externs as needed.
- Attend staff, departmental and Advisory Board meetings as directed.
- Participate in commencement ceremonies
- Communicate daily or as necessary with the Program Director.
- Communicate daily or as necessary with the Director of Career Services.
- Maintain a log of outside activities and furnish to the Program Director.
- Promote and maintain a team concept within the Academic Affairs Department.
- Maintain professional dress as a representative of the school.
- Assure compliance with all School policies and procedures.
- Assist with Advisory Board meetings as requested.
- Remain current on developments, practices and procedures, and equipment relating to their program and professional specialty
- Instruct classes as needed.
- Perform other such duties as assigned
- Associate of Applied Science (AAS) in Vascular or Echo Sonography or Diagnostic Medical Sonography, Dual Certification a plus.
- Must be an experienced Diagnostic Medical Sonographer with current license(s), certification(s), registration(s), and credential(s) as required by local, state and/or federal laws
- Current Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT) through ARDMS or Registered Vascular Specialist from CCI. ARDMS (AB), (OB/GYN), (RVT), and/or (RDCS) (CCI)(S)(AART) and/or R.T.(VS)(AART)
- Must possess a minimum of three (3) years of occupational experience in the Diagnostic Medical Sonography field
- Previous teaching experience is encouraged but not required
- This position requires proof of COVID-19 Vaccination.
Associate Degree (Required)
Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (Required)
BLS Certification (Preferred)
Employee assistance program
Health savings account
Paid time off
About MedQuest College
MedQuest College provides accelerated education and hands-on training to students pursuing a career in healthcare. With campuses located in both Lexington and Louisville, our mission is to better lives by providing the most direct path to a great career in healthcare. Are you ready to start your new career as a Vascular Sonography Instructor Clinical Coordinator? Learn more about MedQuest’s Family Values and apply today!
To apply for this job please visit medquestcollege.edu.