September is widely known as back-to-school month. Kids are going to elementary, middle, or high school; high school graduates are about to start their college experience; parents are trying to help budget the cost of education… Or maybe you are like one of the thousands of people that aren’t happy with your current job or situation and you want to be in the healthcare field, make better money and have a steady work schedule. For folks looking into career schools or any type of school, there are certain things you need to consider.
- Program Length: How long is their program, are there prerequisites that you’ll need to take?
- At MedQuest College, their Medical Assisting program is 10 months TOTAL. The only classes they have you take, have to do with Medical Assisting, no prerequisites!
- Class Times: What times are classes available? Do they have options that will work with your busy schedule?
- The Medical Assisting program at MedQuest College offers 3 different class times to fit any work schedule. There is a morning class (8am-12pm), an afternoon class (1pm-5pm) and an evening class (6pm-10pm).
- School Location: Where is the school located? How far away is it from work/home? Is it in a very busy part of town?
- MedQuest College is located at 400 Blankenbaker Pkwy, Louisville, KY 40243. It is right off I-64E, so you won’t have to worry about downtown traffic.
- Size of the School: How many students will be in the class with you? What is the student to teacher ratio? Will the instructors care about your education as much as you do?
- The Medical Assisting program currently has a MAXIMUM of 6 students per class. With a 6 to 1 student to teacher ratio, students are able to get a lot of one on one, personalized help and attention. They offer free tutoring for each student and genuinely care about their students.
- Cost of the Program: How much is the school going to charge? What is included in the price? What additional materials have to be purchased?
- MedQuest College doesn’t want students in back-breaking debt. Their tuition is fully inclusive and includes everything (books, scrubs, lab coat, all course materials and graduation cap and gown). The program costs a total of $12,500. Other Medical Assisting programs in the area can cost double that.
If you have interest in Medical Assisting or want to learn more about what MedQuest College has to offer click here. You won’t be sorry!